Monday, December 15, 2008

You know your in Brisbane when....

....it's too hot to sleep even with Jet lag and the cicadas are in full form.

I left Dan outside Dehli airport on Saturday night and entered the route from Hell. Nothing really went wrong, it was just such a long trip and I had not slept on Friday night either due to an overnight sleeper train from Haridwar to Dehli and we were in the cabin next to the passage door.

So, I'm waiting to check in my luggage and this Indian guy just pushes in like he's driving a car or something. I tell him that " actually Sir I was next in line" and he proceeded to try convince me he was there all along. Whatever dude! Then waiting for Customs, this French biatch does the same thing but this woman knows what she has done and avoids looking at me. I am trying to let these kind of small things go.....but it's the principle. It took me 10min to calm down after that. So I walked around Dehli airport for a while, not much of anything really. I started talking to this local Delhi guy Armit, to pass the time, who was travelling to some Island near England. It so happened he was sitting in the seat next to me to Dubai, very weird.

3 hours later....Dubai airport is absolutely amazing, very flash! Arrived at 12.30am and had 8 hours to kill, so I bought some alcohol, looked around the sparkling shops and then tried to sleep in these recliner's until breakfast time. I slept on and off for 6 hours until the buffet breakfast was served at 6am. I was not hungry, so some yogurt and juice and I was on my way to check in for my 7 hour flight to Singapore.

Airline's just feed you non stop, that's what it feels like anyway and the food is not bad at all. I especially like the little bottles of wine....so I drank about 3 bottles of wine on the way to Singapore and finally fell asleep. My plan worked! Until I was woken up to put my chair up as we were landing in Singapore. Damn, half drunk, half hung over and no more wine being served. So the next obvious plan was to find the smoking room and have a quickie before my next flight in half an hour. Outdoor smoking room was pretty nice, Dubai had this awful indoor smoking room where you couldn't even have a quarter of your cigarette it was that smoky.

I decided from Singapore to Brisbane I would not drink anymore wine, that waiting in line to pee on an aircraft just wasn't what I wanted to do on this leg of the trip. So for the next 8 hours, I tried to watch a movie three times but kept missing the middle and ending by falling asleep, I ate lots of food and I was seriously cramped. When we landed in Brisbane I was so happy, I clapped and could not stop smiling and told the Customs officer "it's good to be home".

I have now slept 16 hours, fell down my back stairs and I am getting ready for work tomorrow and the Christmas rush at the Butcher Shop. My Indian adventure is over. Thanks everyone for reading....

Oh I forgot to tell you....this kid who was sitting next to me from Dubai to Singpore picked his nose so bad it bled. I just thought it was a little funny.

I hope your having an awesome time Dan, I know it will be hard without me but try anyway ;)

Love
Ang

No comments: