Sunday, December 14, 2008

Angela is hours from home & Nicole has just arrived.

Delhi, hmmm... better than Mumbai that's for sure. Angela left last night, what a trip to the airport that was. Because of the security issues and attacks in Mumbai, Delhi is on high alert. So high in fact that if you are not flying anywhere you are unable to even enter the departure lounge. So - not having this information, the plan was for Angela and I to have something to eat together at the airport and to say a proper goodbye. Well... this is India, did that happen? Heck no, instead it was a horribly hasty goodbye with a guard standing in between us telling us to hurry the hell up.. not cool. I walked away mega pissed off. Already I was having separation anxiety, this just added to it.
Could the night get any worse? Oh yes it could. Not only was I dropping Angela off I was also planning on staying at the airport for around 6 hours waiting for Nicole to arrive. Now, i again was not flying anywhere so - I get to the arrivals lounge across the road and there is a big sign on the door, no entry??? what the? Guards with guns were stopping anyone coming in unless you were flying. So the option was, sit outside on the concrete in the 10 degree weather and wait for 6 plus hours or try and find a way home and come back for a 4am pick up.
I took option number 2, now this cabby was a total prick. By the time we got to the car the agreed price to take me home had increased, half way home it again had increased... let me just say I had words !! Nearly home and he wants me to give him money so he can buy fruit for the children, I then told him, I'm paying you to take me home, I'm a child hater and I don't do fruit. Well that got his attention.
Anyway, that's the story. Off into town tonight to meet up with my friend Zubin, should be fun. Introduce Nicole to India and sit around pinning for Angela.
Until Varanassi - or until Angela updates from her end. Missing everyone and my bed & my shower.

No comments: