Wednesday, November 19, 2008

from sensory overload to relaxing goa..


We've left Mumbai.... so happy to be out. Was an experience we wouldn't swap for the world, but exhausting none the less. Going on a wild chase for a mobile phone charger (btw.. i am getting no incoming text messages.. sorry guys, not working) back to the story, we go down these weird crazy alley ways near the market. End up in the middle of the most fantastical world. Thousands of Indian men selling their stuff. Mobile phones, digital home phones, electrical appliances, shoes and material and sari's as far as the eye can see. We held on to each other and just explored.

We'd downed a few wines before hand, it took the edge off and made it more fun. It was an experience we shall never forget. After our 3 days in Mumbai, we will never complain about anything in our lives again. Confronting, beautiful, loud, amazing Mumbai.

We arrived in Goa today. Pfew... we can breathe fresh air, see the sky and swim in the ocean. Sitting here in total calm. Admiring Mish's room and life here. Both saying to each other every 5 min... how amazing is this place??

Some photos... I've had enough of trying to describe the indescribable.

4 comments:

nigel said...

'Some photos... I've had enough of trying to describe the indescribable'

Photos??? let me see, let me see :)

Anonymous said...

I'd expect that from you Mr!!!!

Hey Dan, are you heading back to Mumbai at all? Let me know if you do because I may have a friend you can hook up with who is in the Bollywood Industry. I use to know him years ago and he has just added me on facebook. He's very lovely, married so not overly dodgy!

xxxx Kyles

franny said...

Sensory overload is my exact recollection of India.

Enjoy Goa but watch out for the wild pigs.

The best thing about travel, I find, is appreciating what we have when we get back to Oz.

Where are the photos???

Thinking of you every day

Willian said...

Good to hear you have escaped the madness, but so happy you enjoyed it!
I can so picture you both after a few wines, holding on to each other for dear life, and just having a giggle!!

Love you guys